Image hosted by Flickr.com




deconstructing cheeky cha: tales of punch drunk love, pgh, and vaginal infection

Monday, February 28, 2005

tales of punch drunk love, pgh, and vaginal infection

mood: nostalgic music: run by kitchie nadal

my nostalgia continues....

i finally gotten hold of a punch drunk love vcd. if you guys are fond of adam sandler starrer, you should not miss it. in this film, youll love sandler who is barry egan, a passive-aggressive novelty shop owner. this one is different from his moronic comedies, like mr leeds, big daddy, and waterboy. what i really appreciated, though, is that punch drunk love has a liberating effect despite its unpredictability. you wouldn't have an idea of what comes after a scene. it basically mirrors what life is all about: being
dead caught unaware of things that unfold before your eyes everyday. last monday, was a case in point. after my interview with a up-pgh er director, i decided to kill time at nearby robinson's place. while I was trudging this antiquated bend near a sorority tambayan, a silver honda civic hit my left elbow. i couldn't explain how it happened when I was very careful not to step beyond the sidewalk. scared that the driver, an old stern-looking lady, would go berserk or shout at me, i found myself in tears and blurting apologies. it was really pathetic considering that I wasnt really seriously hurt. but due to the initial shock and sheer stupidity, one had to unload something, something natural like looking pained and kawawa. the moral of the story, however, i realized later cooped up in the lady's office (she turned up to be the dean of medicine),is that i should stop thinking and imagining too much when walking. and that goes to all of you guys who are guilty of this habit. it makes you oblivious to your
surroundings and become tarantada! hehe. another disgraceful thing i did the next day. this time it was really crazy because i invented a thread of lies just to miss a day's work. i texted my boss that my ob-gyne, dr. r. elia of st.luke's, who was really tim's mom's doctor, advised me to have a full day rest. my reason was because of a mildly serious vaginal infection that requires medication and sleep. luckily, esteen supplied an antibiotic name for me, contrimaxazole. i had to text myboss that, too, to make my story more credible. i think i got off
the hook because my boss replied, "ow, u poor girl. dont wory, trust n HIM. Get wel soon."


- cheekycha diaries, 23 oct 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home